An Introduction and Terms
Do you want to learn how to play cricket? Here is a little introduction for you from et20slam.net, a website dealing with Pakistan vs England 2020 team squads before you start studying the moves and the game play because you must know its basics, introduction and some rules first before you step into the field. This will help you understand cricket more and you will even discover lots of interesting things about it. Many people think that this game is hard to understand, but cricket is one of the popular games nowadays, especially in England. What makes this sport popular? What makes this sport hard to understand? Why do people enjoy this game? There are so many questions about this game, let’s try to answer some.
Cricket is a field game invented around the 1600’s Weald, England. Did you know that this game was invented by kids? Then in the 17th century cricket became one of the popular sports and lots of people were interested in playing this game, especially in England, India, Australia and Pakistan. Then from 1900’s up to the present, cricket is one of the popular sports world wide, but still many people are still saying that this game is quite complicated to play and too understand.
Anyway here are some facts and information that can help you to narrow down the ideas and game play of cricket.
There are 3 primary activities in this game: batting, bowling and fielding. There will be two teams and each team should have 11 players. There two player categories: The batsman (the player who holds or who bats) and the bowler (the player who bowls, bowlers are just like pitchers in baseball). Playing cricket is like playing baseball, the differences between the two are the terms and some of the rules of the game. Cricket is not that complicated at all.
Here are some terms that you need to know in this game, cricket:
- Innings – (Always in plural form) this simply means the team’s turn to bat.
- Pitch – This is a marker or patch where the batsman bat and the bowlers bowl.
- Wickets – This is a term when the batsman is dismissed. One wicket for each of the player, so all in all there will be 11 wickets for each team.
- Runs – This is the term used for players or batsman runs to one pitch to another pitch.
- Catch – This is the term when the fielder catches the ball that the batsman hits.
- Over – An over consists of 6 deliveries.
- Power Play – This is when two fielders are able to stand outside the circle or the inner circle.
- Boundary Line – This is the line outside the circle.
These are just some of the basics terms that you need to know in playing cricket. In playing cricket, you should know and practice how to hold and swing the cricket bat, you also need to practice your legs to run faster. Cricket is an active game, enjoyed by millions of people around the world, especially in England.